onsdag 13 maj 2009

Midwife checkup!

Today we had a check-up at the midwife´s. It´s always fun to see how our baby boy is doing in there. And he is doing just fine, growing and getting bigger by every check-up. My blood pressure was 110/60 which is perfect, so the mom is doing fine too. The meassurement between the pubic bone to the top of the uterus is 36 cm, the so called SF meassurement. I am in week 37 today and the SF usually represents the number of weeks you are in, so I am growing right on track. Baby´s heartbeat was 130-140 bbm and as the midwife was standing there with the microphone on the belly little Noah gave us a big strong kick making the whole belly move like an alien. It was a strong little heartbeat we heard, sounding like a horse galloping. Every time I hear the heart I get a little teary thinking about the little life growing inside of me. The midwife felt for Noah´s head and it was still located down, but today she even felt that it was fixated. That means that he can come any day now. She estimated Noah´s weight right now to be 2800 grams or almost 6,5 lbs. Not the huge boy that we thought he was going to be with the Mendonca-gene running in him, but I guess that´s better for momma. The midwife think he will be a regular sized little boy, about 3800grams or about 8, 5 lbs. We have 2 more appointments scheduled before the due-date, but hopefully we will have our long awaited boy in our arms by then so that we can ditch at least the last one.
I had a session of mommy-yoga today. It was so much fun and did me really good today. It´s a really good way to strengthen your body and get some exercise in. Today we danced to a really cool song with african drums and you just close your eyes dancing and letting everything go. Then we do a keep-up exercise every time in yoga. Today we sat for about 10 minutes with our arms straight out och fingers pointing up. It is really tough and your arms are shaking in the end, but somehow you find strenght from within to make it.
Yesterday I and Jenny went to the mall. I finally did my toes, so now they are really cute and I am ready for the delivery. Now I have cute little fat pregnant lady toes. Life can´t get any better. By the way, I can´t use my wedding ring any longer. I didn´t think I was going to swell up since it hasn´t happen yet, but I was wrong. My fingers are like little sausages and my toes like little meatballs. Hehhe, a really funny look.

2 kommentarer:

Mike sa...

Can you even see your toes? Is Bart doing the yoga also? It sounds like he needs to be from what you have been saying.

Owens Family sa...

We are so excited for Noah to come, I'm thinking MAY!