tisdag 7 juli 2009

Noah Dislikes Malls




Yesterday Noah and I met Caroline, Margit, Jenny and her baby Milo at the mall. I desperately needed to find a couple of new outfits since I am tired of still wearing maternity clothes and walking around looking like a bum. We thought that it was ok to go to the mall since it was Monday and it wouldn’t be that busy. But boy were we wrong! It was more crowded than ever, probably because its summer and people are off work and school. I thought I was going to get an ulcer before I got out of there. Noah felt the stress that I was feeling and was probably already stressed out from all the commotion around him. He couldn’t relax and sleep at all when we were over there. I had to feed him four times in about four hours, which even for him is excessive. I managed to do some super quick shopping and eat a super quick lunch. It was fun hanging out with my sisters as usual, but I don’t recommend anybody to go to a busy mall with a small baby 'cause there was nothing pleasant about it. Half way home Noah started crying in the car and it’s not easy hearing your little baby cry hysterically when you are driving and there’s nothing you can do. When I finally got home, after what felt like an eternity, I looked at my little boy with big tears flowing down his cheeks and almost loosing his voice. That just made my heart break right then and there. I felt like a horrible mom. But our ordeal was not yet over. Noah was so tired and wide awake for all that evening and me and Bart tried to make him fall a sleep for a few hours. He finally gave in and around midnight he fell asleep. I promised myself that night not to go to the mall for at least another month. It’s not worth it. When I talked to Jenny the following morning she told me Milo was fussy and cried for a few hours that night as well. It was too much for our little boys to handle.

Inga kommentarer: