onsdag 8 juli 2009

Noah – a true Gemini







My sister Jenny read something really interesting to me about Gemini’s today. A Gemini is like popcorn in hot oil, they are always ready to go, bouncing around full of energy. Noah is a true Gemini. I have seen more of his eyes than I have seen of his eyelids in these three weeks that he has been around us. This little boy of ours is so awake and active for being only three weeks old. Every time you look at him he has his big blue eyes wide open, like ping pong balls. Pretty much all newborn babies do is eat and sleep, all except Noah. Yes, he eats a lot but he is usually awake for a few hours at a time. I guess since he is born 11 days late he just doesn’t want to miss out on anything more. But Bart and I got a little concerned since you hear about other kids and how much they sleep, so we had to ask the nurse when we went there for a check-up the other day: Doesn’t he need to sleep more? She said that all kids are different and that he is totally normal. It’s just that active kids like this will likely have more tired parents. Bart and I looked at each other in agreement because Noah also likes to be entertained while he is awake and to be carried around everywhere you go. He just doesn’t lay there happily looking up in the ceiling. But he is entertaining his parent a lot though, already focusing his eyes when you talk to him, doing a lot of baby-talk and smiling at least once a day. And it’s not just a reflex, like most would think; it’s a real smile and sometimes a little chuckle too. It’s so fun and so cute. You just get so happy looking at him, my sweet little son. I am going to try to capture him on a photo smiling so you can see for your self.
Noah is growing so much, now weighing 5210 grams or 11 lbs and 7 oz. He is getting tall too, he's 58 cm or 23 inches. Wow, he’s huge already. Huge for being little, if you know what I mean.

Inga kommentarer: